MTS Receives Energy Efficiency Award From Xcel Energy
MTS was recognized at the Xcel Energy Efficiency Expo for several energy-saving initiatives, from stopping compressed air loss to installing LED lights. The MTS Green Team identified and prioritized improvement projects with the help of a Level 1 ASHREA Energy Audit. As a result, MTS was able to reduce energy use in the following ways:
- Consolidate data center emergency backup power sources
- Eliminate hundreds of individual electrical appliances
- Reduce waste in compressed air system
- Communicate energy saving practices for individual workstations to reduce overnight power consumption
- Replace approximately 9,000 T8 florescent bulbs with Type A LED units, for an estimated 784,800 kWh per year savings.
The MTS Green Team continues to evaluate and monitor opportunities for energy use improvements with a centralized project score card. In addition, this volunteer group of employees makes suggestions for minimizing environmental impact and encouraging personal energy responsibility. Some of their successes include leading efforts to provide:
- Educational seminars about recycling, composting, and LED lighting upgrades
- Reusable water bottles for employees
- Opportunities for campus clean-up
- Bike garage for bicycle commuters
- Onsite Electric Vehicle charging program for employee vehicles.
"MTS constantly looks for ways to improve the energy efficiency of our products and facilities. As a large manufacturer, our decisions about energy use have great impact on the area's total energy consumption," states Dr.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mts-receives-energy-efficiency-award-from-xcel-energy-300651858.html
Brian Ross, Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, 952.937.4000